« PreviousContinue »
AND ADMINISTRATION OF
RITES AND CEREMONIES OF THE CHURCH,
ACCORDING TO THE USE OF
The Protestant Episcopal Church
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA :
THE PSALTER, OR PSALMS OF DAVID.
Philadelpnia, June 7, 1845. I do hereby certify, that this edition of the Common Prayer Book, the Articles, Offices, and Metre Psalms and Hymns, has been duly compared with a Standard Book, and corrected, by a Presbyter of this Diocese, appointed by the Standing Committee thereof.
Diocese of Pennsylvania.
1. The Ratification of the Book of Common Prayer.
3. The Order how the Psalter is appointed to be read.
4. The Order how the rest of the Holy Scripture is appointed to be read.
5. Tables of Lessons of Holy Scripture, to be read at Morning and Evening Prayer
7. Tables and Rules for the Moveable and Immoveable Feasts, together with the
Days of Fasting and Abstinence throughout the Year.
8. Tables for finding the Holydays.
9. The Order for Daily Morning Prayer.
10. The Order for Daily Evening Prayer.
11. Prayers and Thanksgivings upon several Occasions, to be used before the two
final Prayers of Morning and Evening Service,
42. The Collects, Epistles, and Gospels, to be used throughout the Year.
13. The Order for the Administration of the Lord's Supper, or Holy Communion.
14. The Ministration of Public Baptism of Infants, to be used in the Church.
15. The Ministration of Private Baptism of Children, in Houses.
16. The Ministration of Baptism to such as are of Riper Years, and able to answer
17. A Catechism; that is to say, an Instruction to be learned by every Person before
he be brought to be confirmed by the Bishop.
18. The Order of Confirmation, or Laying on of Hands upon those that are baptized,
and come to years of Discretion.
19. The Form of Solemnization of Matrimony.
20. The Order for the Visitation of the Sick.
21. The Communion of the Sick.
22. The Order for the Burial of the Dead.
23. The Thanksgiving of Women after Child-birth, comm
24. Forms of Prayer to be used at Sea.
25. A Form of Prayer for the Visitation of Prisoners.
26. A Form of Prayer and Thanksgiving to Almighty God, for the Fruits of the earth,
and all the other Blessings of his merciful Providence.
27. Forms of Prayer to be used in Families,
28. Selections of Psalms, to be used instead of the Psalms for the Day, at the dis-
THE RATIFICATION OF
THE BOOK OF COMMON PRAYER.
Bi; the Bishops, the Clergy, and the Laity of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States of America, in Convention, this Sixteenth Day of October, in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and eighty-nine. THIS Convention having, in their present session, set forth
A Book of Common Prayer, and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites and Ceremonies of the Church, do hereby establish the said Book: And they declare it to be the Liturgy of this Church: And icquire that it be received as such by all the members of the same: And this Book shall be in use from and after the First Day of Octuber, in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and ninety.