This short introduction conveys the complexities associated with the term "territory" in a clear and accessible manner. It surveys the field and brings theory to ground in the case of Palestine.
- A clear and accessible introduction to the complexities associated with the term "territory".
- Provides an interdisciplinary survey of the many strands of research in the field.
- Addresses specific areas including interpretations of territorial structures; the relationship between territoriality and scale; the validity and fluidity of territory; and the practical, social processes associated with territorial re-configurations.
- Stresses that our understanding of territory is inseparable from our understanding of power.
- Uses Israel/Palestine as an extended illustrative case study.
- The author’s strong legal and geographical background gives the work an authoritative perspective.