About this book
Books on Google Play
Printed by WILLIAM CLOWES and SONS, Stamford Street, and Charing Cross
MAY 23 1980 HERTZ
I.-Selections, Grave and Gay, from Writings published and
unpublished by Thomas De Quincey. Edinburgh
and London, 1854-60. 14 vols. 12mo.
II. 1. Les Moines d'Occident depuis Saint Benoît qusqu'à
Saint Bernard. Par le Comte de Montalembert, l'un
des Quarante de l'Académie Française. Tt. i.-ii.
2. The Monks of the West, from St. Benedict to St.
Bernard, Authorized Translation. Vols. I. and II.
Edinburgh and London, 1861
III.-1. The Works of Virgil. Translated by the Rev. Rann
Kennedy and Charles Rann Kennedy. 2 vols. 1849.
2. My Book. By James Henry. 1853.
3. The Works of Virgil: closely rendered into English
Rhythm. By the Rev. Robert Corbet Singleton.
Vol. I. 1855.
4. Virgil: literally translated into English Prose. By
Henry Owgan, LL.D. 1857
IV. 1. Ancient Law: its Connection with the Early History
of Society and its Relation to Modern Ideas. By
Henry Sumner Maine. London, 1861.
2. The Province of Jurisprudence determined. Second
Edition. By the late John Austin, Esq. London,
V.-1. My own Life and Times, 1741-1814. By Thomas
Somerville, D.D., Minister of Jedburgh, &c. Edin-
2. Autobiography of the Rev. Dr. Alexander Carlyle,
Minister of Inveresk. 1 vol. 8vo. Edinburgh and
3. Domestic Annals of Scotland. By Robert Chambers.
3 vols. 8vo. Edinburgh and London, 1858-61.
4. Sketches of Early Scotch History and Social Pro-
gress. By C. Innes. 8vo. Edinburgh, 1861.
5. Reminiscences of Scottish Life and Character. By
E. B. Ramsay, M.A., LL.D., F.R.S.E., Dean of
Edinburgh. Sixth Edition. 12mo. Edinburgh,
1860. Ditto, Second Series. 12mo. Edinburgh,
6. Familiar Illustrations of Scottish Character. By the
Rev. Charles Rogers, LL.D., F.S.A., Scotland.
12mo. London and Edinburgh, 1861,